Saturday, July 18, 2009

After Work Gnar: Lake Creek and the Secret Spot Huckfest

Now that Lake Creek is at a manageable level, it's my new after work Class V fix. I was able to get up there a couple times last week and we had a blast. I'm really looking forward to running the bottom four drops (brains, paralyzer, kiss the wall, and cauldron) at higher flows. Here's some pictures:
Gordon, dropping into the cave drop

some boogie above the cave drop

me, lining up for the boof on paralyzer

Gordon (above) and Fil (below) hucking their Brains out


Somewhere in an undisclosed location in the Ark Valley there's a perfect 12 footer which is about as good as it gets in terms of clean drops. We've been hitting this thing after work as a mellow cool down to a long day. Just don't ask where it is.

Fil, Plugging hard

me and sky, tandem boof

me, setting up for a simple bare hand boof

me and fil, flying solo

This little drop has handed out a couple beatdowns and broken boats. Just try to keep your bow up mate.
inspecting the damage after a poorly attempted wavewheel

No comments: