Thursday, December 25, 2008

Adios Costa Rica, Hello USA

Ok friends, I am now back in the USA. After 3 months of studying and running the sh!t in Costa Rica, I have finally returned home to the southeast. Costa was a great experience for me; I learned a lot and had some really good times. The day before I left, I snuck into the La Paz Waterfall Gardens for a peek around. Here's some pictures:

(el templo, the top drop, around 90 ft)

(magia blanca, 2nd drop, over 100 ft)

(encantada, 3rd drop, about 40ft, sketchy - leads directly into La Paz waterfall)

(La Paz Waterfall, prob around 80ft - I'm going back for this one)

(la paz with encatada in the background)

I arrived back in the states on Sunday night, and I was finally able to paddle back in my mothercountry for the first time yesterday, on Wilson Creek. I paddled the creek with my good friend Don, and his cousin. There were good lines and good times as Don and I showed his cousin down the creek for his first time.

There is something about Wilson Creek that will always make it my favorite river. I think it might be because of the first time I went there when I ran it at 9 inches and witnessed the same person swim twice in less than a half mile and then walk off the river. I guess that just seemed so epic to me and that is what really got me into creeking and exploring.

The creek was low yesterday, somewhere between -4 and -6, but I have run that river many times at many different levels, and I always have a great time no matter what.

(summer butterflies on the creek)

Another thing that was cool about our run yesterday was the bike shuttle that we utilized. I think I am going to start bringing my bike on every paddling trip so that we can save gas (as opposed to bringing 2 cars) as well as the cardio workout after the running of the shit. It's also good for the environment, or so I hear.



Merry Christmas, keep your bow up.

No comments: