Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pura Vida Costa Rica!

Hello Friends,

I still haven't posted much on this blog yet, but that is soon to change. In a week, I'll be jumping on a plane and flying south to San Jose, Costa Rica,where I will live for the next three months. I'll be studying the Spanish language at a university in San Jose. I'm hoping that to take this as an opportunity to learn about a new culture as well as paddle some great whitewater.

You'll hear from me soon, but for now, I'll leave you with some pictures of what I've been up to this summer...



Matt looks on while Brandon Nessler stays dry on the Saluda River in Columbia, SC



Matt Porter looks for answers on the Saluda Riverbed


Don Lowery boofin' big at Boatbuster, Wilson Creek, NC


My little bro Chris, stylin' the French Broad


Matt at the US National Whitewater Center


Adam Johnson cleaning the falls at Big Splat, Lower Big Sandy Creek, WV


And one more shot of Matt below Gorilla on the Green River Narrows... what a day! (Photo by Rob Tompkins)

No comments: